LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., Jan. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- While your guests may be rooting for opposite end zones, when it comes to snacks, everyone will cheer for brands from The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAIN). Build a winning team with Hain Celestial's portfolio of natural and non-GMO snack brands including Garden of Eatin'®, Sensible Portions® and TERRA®.
- The Big Game is the second largest day in American food consumption after Thanksgiving: 14,500 tons of chips, 4,000 tons of popcorn, and 8 million pounds of guacamole are eaten on game day each year.  But consumers are still looking for great tasting snacks with simple ingredients and labels.
- While nearly 75% of consumers surveyed wish there were healthier snack options, more than 60% agree taste is more important than how healthy the snack is for them.
This year, consumers will find tasty new options from their favorite better-for-you Hain Celestial snack brands.
"Consumers are searching for better choices when it comes to snacking, but aren't willing to sacrifice taste," said Brett Hartmann, Director of Marketing, Snacks at Hain Celestial. "Hain Celestial has created new and exciting snacks from Garden of Eatin'®, Sensible Portions® and TERRA® that fulfill consumer's desires to have flavorful, yet better-for-you options!"
A New Line-up of Better-for-You Snacks
Garden of Eatin'® brand has launched two new boldly seasoned corn tortilla chips in Nacho, featuring creamy farmhouse cheddar with paprika and Ranch with hints of buttermilk, garlic, and onion.
- The new corn tortilla chips are certified USDA organic and contain 25 percent less fat than the leading conventional competitor.*
- Like all Garden of Eatin'® products, these new flavors are made with non-GMO ingredients and gluten-free.
Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Chips introduce a brand new, fan-favorite flavor to snack on in 2017–Salt & Vinegar Stacked Veggie Chips.
- Made from potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and pumpkin, these chips are gluten-free, non-GMO and contain no artificial flavors or preservatives.
TERRA® brand continues to make first downs while creating a unique snacking experience.
- New TERRA® Plantain chips are premium tropical snacks made with coconut oil, that give these chips a rich flavor and a perfectly crisp crunch.
- Available in two varieties, Plantain with Sea Salt and Sweet Plantains, these satisfy sweet and savory cravings.
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
The Hain Celestial Group (Nasdaq: HAIN), headquartered in Lake Success, NY, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. Hain Celestial participates in many natural categories with well-known brands that include Celestial Seasonings®, Earth's Best®, Ella's Kitchen®, Terra®, Garden of Eatin'®, Sensible Portions®, Health Valley®, Arrowhead Mills®, MaraNatha®, SunSpire®, DeBoles®, Casbah®, Rudi's Organic Bakery®, Hain Pure Foods®, Spectrum®, Spectrum Essentials®, Imagine®, Almond Dream®, Rice Dream®, Soy Dream®, WestSoy®, The Greek Gods®, BluePrint®, FreeBird®, Plainville Farms®, Empire®, Kosher Valley®, Yves Veggie Cuisine®, Europe's Best®, Cully & Sully®, New Covent Garden Soup Co.®, Johnson's Juice Co.®, Farmhouse Fare®, Hartley's®, Sun-Pat®, Gale's®, Robertson's®, Frank Cooper's®, Linda McCartney®, Lima®, Danival®, Happy®, Joya®, Natumi®, GG UniqueFiber®, Tilda®, JASON®, Avalon Organics®, Alba Botanica®, Live Clean® and Queen Helene®. Hain Celestial has been providing A Healthier Way of Life™ since 1993. For more information, visit www.hain.com
*Garden of Eatin' Corn Tortilla Chips in Nacho and Ranch flavors have 6 grams Total Fat, while the leading conventional competitor has 8 grams Total Fat.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/score-healthier-snacks-without-sacrificing-taste-for-the-big-game-300396394.html
SOURCE The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.