Skin Care Spotlight: Savannah Bee Charcoal, Propolis, and Volcanic Ash Cleanser
Savannah Bee Charcoal, Propolis, and Volcanic Ash Cleanser is a power-packed facial product that combines activated charcoal powder, volcanic ash, kaolin clay, and honeybee hive ingredients propolis and honey to remove excess oil and impurities from pores without overdrying skin.
Activated charcoal has the ability to absorb and remove toxins, while additional ingredients work to gently exfoliate, hydrate, and protect skin, helping to reduce instances of skin impurities.
Effective in fighting blemishes and detoxifying pores, leaves skin smooth and moisturized.
What Makes Activated Charcoal So Effective In Skincare?
- Activated charcoal used in skincare products typically is made from burnt coconut shells, rye starch, or wood, and is heated until charcoal expands and creates a very porous surface.
- This porous quality has the power of adsorption (different from absorption). Adsorption means substances can attract and hold thousands of times its own weight.
- This quality lets the charcoal act like a magnet to attract and pull dirt and excess oil from pores, then washes away as you rinse.
How else does Savannah Bee’s cleanser help with skin impurities?
- Volcanic Ash: This ingredient is high in Sulphur, an active mineral ingredient which not only helps the body to resist and remove bacteria (Sulphur already exists in your hemoglobin and connective body tissue).
- Propolis: First introduced in ancient Greece and Egypt as a natural antiseptic and preservative, the name Propolis was chosen for its meaning of “defender of the city”; made of plant resin and beeswax, this ingredient acts as the honeybee hive’s immune system, while also being effective in skincare for fighting blemishes.
- Honey: In addition to its ultra-hydrating properties, honey contains the sugars glucose and fructose, natural alpha-hydroxy acids that gently exfoliate the skin to help reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and work to leave the skin smooth and even in tone.
- Kaolin Clay: A very gentle facial clay, Kaolin has been used for thousands of years to help gently absorb impurities from pores without over-drying skin.
Water/Aqua, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate , Glycol Distearate, Lauric Acid, Activated Charcoal Powder, HONEY, Kaolin, Volcanic Ash, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, PROPOLIS Extract, Capric Acid, Tocopherol
INGREDIENTS FROM THE HIVE
Honey, Propolis, Royal Jelly
Honey, propolis, royal jelly, charcoal, volcanic ash, kaolin clay,
Use 2-3 times per week, or additional as needed, to unclog pores and smooth skin; can also be used in isolated areas on face as frequently as desired.
Greek word for “defender of the city,” Propolis is made from beeswax and plant resin and was first introduced in ancient Greece and Egypt as a natural antiseptic and preservative.
About the company
Since 2002, Savannah Bee Company has led the industry in specialty honey and beeswax-based body care. Savannah Bee’s mission is to provide pure, delicious honey and natural, luxurious hive products while educating people about the wonders of the honeybee. Emulating the symbiosis of honeybees, Savannah Bee strives to benefit everything it touches. Savannah Bee Company has been mentioned in numerous publications, including Southern Living, Marie Claire, Whole Living, Virtuoso Life, and Better Homes & Gardens. Savannah Bee Company is a 2011 winner of the prestigious sofi Award for Outstanding Classic and has been a member of the Inc. 5000, Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing, privately owned companies, for the past three years. Read More
Company: Savannah Bee Company
Brand: Savannah Bee
Category: Facial Care
Packaging: 4oz / 113g
Claims: Removes excess oil and impurities from pores without overdrying skin.
Variants: View Product Range Here
Where to Buy: Buy Online, Find a Retailer