New Salads Offer Indulgent Flavors Without the Guilt
IRWINDALE, Calif., Sept. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As the leaves start to turn colors and the air becomes crisp, consumers welcome the first day of fall. Ready Pac Foods follows suit with the launch of two new Limited Edition products: Pumpkin Spice Bistro Bowl® single-serve salad and Autumn Harvest Complete Salad Kit. The two new offerings give consumers the indulgent, autumn flavors they are looking for in a healthier, convenient way.
"We know consumers look forward to indulging in pumpkin spice flavored foods during the fall, but this often means a sugary or sweet treat," said Tristan Simpson, Chief Marketing Officer, Ready Pac Foods. "Our culinary team crafted craveably fresh options to give consumers something healthier to enjoy, but still delight in the flavors of the season."
The Pumpkin Spice Bistro Bowl® single-serve salad is a blend of harvest spring mix, roasted turkey, raisins, pepitas and dates, topped off with a light pumpkin vinaigrette with a hint of cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. This new Bistro Bowl variety brings consumers into the new season with all of their senses and in a healthy way. With 11 grams of protein and four grams of fiber, the flavorful salad is only 330 calories and perfect for an on-the-go meal at a game, on a hike or in the office.
The Autumn Harvest Complete Salad Kit, is a blend of spring mix and carrots, topped with crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds, diced dates, raisins and pumpkin-spiced cornbread croutons, all dressed with a tangy pumpkin vinaigrette. This chef-inspired, restaurant-style salad kit fulfills consumers' craving for an indulgent, holiday-flavored salad. This salad kit is perfect as a side dish at your fall dinner party or tailgate at the game. For a more satisfying option, simply add roasted turkey for a quick meal.
The two new limited-time offerings join several other Ready Pac Foods year-round favorites, also sure to satisfy consumers craving for fall flavors:
Bistro Bowl® Single-Serve Salads:
- Apple Bleu Pecan – Fresh apples over a bed of crisp arugula and baby greens topped with pecans and a Bleu cheese balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Cranberry Walnut - This vegetarian salad features a bed of spring mix topped with dried cranberries, candied walnut pieces, feta cheese crumbles and a delicious all-natural raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
- Kale Apple Veggie Chopped Salad – A chopped kale salad with broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, radicchio, topped with celery, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and crisp apples, with a tangy lemon poppy seed dressing.
ElevĀte Organic Salads:
- Nutty Cranberry Organic Salad – Organic spring mix topped with tart dried cranberries, creamy feta cheese, walnuts and almonds, with a delicious raspberry vinaigrette.
Ready Snax® Snack Packs:
- Caramel Apple Crisp – Tart Granny Smith and sweet red apple slices, graham crackers, praline pecans and creamy caramel dip.
- Apples & Cheese with Caramel Dip – Tart Granny Smith apple slices with creamy cheddar cheese and decadent caramel sauce.
The Pumpkin Spice Bistro Bowl® is available in more than 3,000 locations nationwide where consumers buy groceries, including Walmart and Wegmans, through mid-December at a suggested retail price of $3.99. The Autumn Harvest Salad Kit is available at Costco stores nationwide through the end of October for a suggested retail price of $3.99. Visit www.readypac.com for more information.
About Ready Pac Foods
Home of the original Bistro Bowl® complete meal salad, Southern California-based Ready Pac Foods has been giving people the freedom to eat healthier for more than 45 years as a premier producer of convenience fresh foods and fresh cut produce. With processing facilities throughout the United States, Ready Pac Foods manufactures a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts® and elevĀte™ brands. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, fruits, vegetables, snacking and complete meals available where consumers buy groceries and in restaurant chains across North America. For more information, visit www.readypac.com.