Packaging Spotlight: Beloved Ball® Canning Jars Get New Look For 2017
New collection provides endless opportunities for Mason jar lovers to can, craft, and share
FISHERS, Ind., April 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Newell Brands Inc., the makers of the 130+ year old Ball® home canning brand, continues to raise the bar on its iconic mason jar by announcing today its latest introductions for the 2017 canning season. With new innovations for home canners, gardeners, crafters and more, Ball® home canning products provide consumers with endless opportunities to make and share canned goods with others in the community.
"While more than half of Americans have at least one Mason jar in their homes, these new introductions will excite our core canning users as well as shoppers who are looking for new and creative ways to put their twist on Mason jar crafts and décor," said Matt Christensen, Director of Fresh Preserving at Newell Brands. "This year, we're excited to offer not just jars, but recipe solutions as well, further simplifying fresh preserving for all those interested in making the most of their fresh produce."
The new introductions joining the coveted portfolio for 2017 include:
- The new Spiral Jars joining the Collection Elite® Design Series this year are a twist, quite literally, on the standard Mason jar design. The modern shape lends beautifully to beverage and crafting uses, while also remaining ideal for home canning.
- The new Ball® 4 oz. Miniature Storage Jars and Ball® Smooth Sided Jars, which were released in time for the 2016 holidays.
- Ball® Sure Seal Bail Storage Jars with an easy-open latch that store everything around the house while the airtight seal maintains freshness.
- Ball® & McCormick® Recipe Cards make small batch canning even simpler, with perfectly portioned Non-GMO spices available in the most common recipes for beginners like Dill Pickle Mix, Sweet and Tangy Bread & Butter Pickle Mix, Sweet Roma Pasta Sauce Mix, Salsa Mix and more exotic flavors like Caribbean Fruit Salsa Mix and Asian Ginger Pickle Mix.
- Ball® 1 Piece Sip & Straw Lids improve upon the original design by now including a band attached to the lid, so even consumers who may not have bands at home can drink with ease! The new Sip & Straw lids and straws are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and come in a pack of two lids and two straws.
- And finally, the most significant improvement in canning closures in over 30 years, Ball® and Kerr® Sure Tight™ Lids will now feature twice the tinplate coating providing additional rust resistance, ensuring the life of the seal for up to 18 months. With over 130 years of research and testing, Ball® and Kerr® home canning brands offer the most trusted lid on the market, always BPA-free and made in the USA.
All new Ball® canning products are available on FreshPreserving.com and in retailers nationwide this spring. For more information about all Ball® canning products, visit FreshPreserving.com and FreshlyPreservedIdeas.com or find the brand on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
About Newell Brands
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer's®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
This press release and additional information about Newell Brands are available on the company's website, www.newellbrands.com.
©2017 Hearthmark, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by Hearthmark, LLC, Fishers, IN 46037, USA. Hearthmark, LLC is a subsidiary of Newell Brands Inc. (NYSE: NWL).
Ball®, TMs Ball Corporation, used under license.
All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/beloved-ball-canning-jars-get-new-look-for-2017-300435229.html
SOURCE Newell Brands