Let's just break down this math of a $10,000 Super Bowl cocktail: you can get one outrageously expensive cocktail at the Windsor Court Hotel, or you can buy a round of 1,000 $10 pitchers of Bud Light at your neighborhood bar — you choose.
Of course, as is the case with cocktails that cost thousands of dollars, there are plenty of perks that come with the Key to the City cocktail. Served at the New Orleans Polo Club at the Windsor Court Hotel, the Key to the City cocktail includes:
- D’Oliveiras Malvasia 1907 Madeira Cobbler (garnished with fresh fruit)
- A silver julep cup
- A souvenir gold cup
- A two-night stay in the hotel's exclusive Penthouse with concierge and butler service
- Round-trip airport transportation
- A bottle of champagne upon arrival
- Two spa treatments
- A New Orleans city tour
- An evening at Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse
Can't quite afford a $10,000-trip-included-cocktail? At least there's the $2,000 Key to the Court: a Sazerac made with Louis XIII cognac. That includes just about everything in the Key to the City cocktail, except it's a one-night stay at the Club Level. The New Orleans Polo Club also has a cocktail menu that ranges from $16 tp $75. And if you're looking for New Orleans Super Bowl drink specials that don't include the kitchen sink (or hotel stays), NOLA.com has the scoop.