Industry News: Moink Debuts Ethically Sourced Meat and Salmon Subscription Box
The only meat delivery service owned, operated by farmers, making farm-to-table easier than ever
LA BELLE, Mo., Sept. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Moink today launched its customizable subscription box of humanely raised meat and salmon, connecting ethically conscious meat lovers to a community of small, sustainable farmers and their high-quality proteins.
"We created Moink because we knew there had to be a better way to connect farmers and consumers transparently," said Moink Co-Founder Lucinda Cramsey. "Figuring out where your food comes from and how it was raised should not be as hard as it is today. We're working to make a variety of ethically sourced and humanely raised meat accessible to the everyday consumer."
To celebrate the national launch, Moink is giving away a full year delivery subscription, valued at nearly $2,000 and 160 pounds (480 servings) of ethically raised, NON-GMO meat. To enter to win, visit www.moinkbox.com/subscribe. Winners will be announced the end of October.
"As a farmer, I'm excited to increase access to sustainable, ethical meat for everyone," said Co-Founder Adam Cramsey. "Unlike our competitors, we work only with farms that raise animals outdoors in pastures or forests where they are happiest and healthiest. With Moink, customers receive the highest-quality meat available, which are raised without GMOs, hormones or antibiotics - and a final product without sugars, nitrates or solutions."
- All the meat is antibiotic and GMO-free.
- Animals are never given growth hormones.
- Chicken is solution free, and bacon and sausage don't contain nitrates, nitrites, or sugar.
- The finished product is never doctored to alter taste or color.
HUMANELY RAISED ANIMALS:
The land animals are raised outdoors with room to roam and grass to graze on; they're never given growth hormone or antibiotics, and never fed with GMOs grains.
- Beef and lamb is grass fed and grass finished.
- Hogs are raised outdoors and never given GMO grains
- Chickens are raised outdoors on pasture and never given GMO grains
- Fish are sustainably wild caught in the arctic waters of Alaska
INSIDE THE BOX:
- Customers can choose from curated boxes of beef, lamb, chicken, pork and salmon, or they can create their own (Moink is one of the few delivery services offering salmon and lamb).
- Each box contains 12-16 pounds of different meats (approximately 35-40 servings), for an average of $4.50 per serving.
- Each Moink box can be ordered on subscription every 4, 6 or 8 weeks, or single boxes on on-demand.
- Moink ships to the lower 48 states and Washington, D.C.