Drink Spotlight: Pacifico launches first-ever 12 oz. can!
Pacifico 12oz. cans for the first time ever in the U.S.
First-ever Pacifico 12 oz./12pk
- Launch date: Jan. 30, 2017
- Markets: CA, NV, OR, WA, ID, MT, HI, TX, AZ, CO
- Price: Line Priced with Pacifico 12oz./12pk bottles
Why Cans? Why Pacifico?
- Imports are the #1 driver of 12 oz./12pk growth; Mexican Imports make up 98% of that growth
- Format aligns with the Pacifico drinker’s active, adventurous lifestyle
- Opens up new drinking occasions
- Highly incremental volume opportunity
- Allows for larger displays and brand blocking at retail
Building on 24 oz. Can Success
In February of 2016, we launched a single-serve 24 oz. can for Pacifico that quickly became the #1 new SKU in C-Stores nationwide, the #1 new Import and the #1 single-serve launched last year.
Pacifico’s Standout Growth and 2017 Plans
- It was another stellar year for the brand with more than 17% growth in depletions in 2016; that’s on top of accelerated growth over the past five years
- In 2017, Pacifico will support the brand and 12 oz. can package with 40 weeks of new TV advertising in the Western U.S., Texas and Colorado
- Additional marketing support will include new can POS, featured OOH, Summer retail/social promotion
- Would you be interested in letting your readers now about this launch? If so, please reach out with any questions or let me know what I can do to help.