Let’s talk about hydration! Sweat in the summer heat is our biggest reminder to rehydrate but in the winter, it can be really easy to forget to hydrate properly. Dehydration causes exhaustion, cramps, dry skin, muscle fatigue, loss of focus, and even makes you more susceptible to winter flu and colds. Definitely not ideal, especially for athletes, performers, or anyone who lives an active lifestyle.
I was so excited to recently discover Liquid I.V., an oral rehydration solution made for people with active lifestyles, like performers! Sports drinks, caffeinated drinks, and sodas are loaded with artificial sugars and ingredients. Liquid I.V. is all-natural and contains 110% daily value of vitamins including vitamin C, B3, B5, B6, and B12. Ya’ll know I am seriously into the benefits of daily vitamins plus Liquid I.V. has 4x the electrolytes of leading sports drinks. #healthy
L.I.V. Hydration Smoothie
- 1 Packet of Liquid I.V.
- 1 cup kale de-stemmed
- 1/2 orange peeled & diced
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2-3 cubes of ice
Blend all ingredients on high until mixed completely.
IMPROVES ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
- Exercise performance is impaired when you are dehydrated by as little as 2% of your body weight. Losing more than 5% of body weight from dehydration can decrease the ability to workout by close to 30%. Lean muscle in the body is comprised of around 80% water and it needs that water to properly function.
- Liquid I.V. allows the body to perform at the highest level.
PROMOTES WEIGHT LOSS AND IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION
- Proper hydration is one of the most effective and least expensive forms of weight loss. It can actually help your body increase calorie burn and weight loss. You burn approximately one calorie for every fluid ounce of cold water you drink. One of the most direct ways that hydration aids in improving body composition is in relation to your ability to perform physical activity.
- Liquid I.V. helps you stay properly hydrated and improves your ability to physically perform and increase caloric burn.
About the company
Two best friends and collegiate athletes from Marina del Rey, California, Brandin Cohen and Hayden Fulstone, were sick of consuming chemical and sugar filled sports drinks that were not effectively hydrating them when they needed it most. In 2012, the duo came across an untapped hydration science, Oral Rehydration Therapy, developed in the 1970s by the World Health Organization and deemed to be one of the best medical advancements of the 20th century. This hydration breakthrough was created to aid children in developing countries suffering from extreme dehydration caused by deadly diseases such as cholera. Without access to most modern medical treatments like an IV, this specific combination of glucose, sodium and water provided an absorption mechanism for the human body that lowered the mortality rate from diarrhea in developing countries by 93%.
Company: Liquid I.V
Brand: Liquid I.V
Packaging: 8-pack sachets and 16-serving resealable pouch
Claims: Improves athletic performance and promotes weight loss.
Variants: View Range Here
Price: 8-pack $19.99, 16 serving pouch $24.99
Where to Buy: US, Buy Online, Store Locator