Honeybee Wrap is here to stay. No more plastic wrap.
We have created an organic safe and reusable natural alternative to plastic wrap.
No chemicals, only local bees wax from the farm, certified organic cotton, jojoba oil, tree resin and love.
Ideal for wrapping fruit and veggies, covering a bowl and wrapping lunches, this unique formula seals in the goodness, keeping your food fresh for longer. No more limp celery and shallots, just beautifully kept fresh crisp veggies and herbs. Can also be used for storing bread and as a fermenter's friend it's perfect for covering Kombucha, Kefir and fermented foods .
Use the warmth of your hands to mold and shape your wrap over food and dishes. The wrap will stick to itself when you press firmly over a bowl or plate. When stored in the fridge the beeswax will harden, helping retain the shape. With due care your Honeybee wrap will last up to one year and at the end of its life you can give it back to the earth. Yes it's compostable!
Bees wax has been used for centuries for its persevering properties, along with jojoba oil which has known antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Together they create a beautiful preserving infusion.
Eco-friendly, sustainable, waste free food storage .
Honeybee wrap the natural alternative.
WE WANT YOU TO BE PART OF THIS .
Your contributions will be used for:
* Sourcing design and printing our own GOTS certified organic cotton range,
Printing in bulk reduces the cost of manufacturing. Help us get the wraps out on a global scale so every household can afford to have some. $30,000 minim print run.
* To upgrade our waxing equipment and tools $2,000
* Packaging die cut boxes designed printed and cut for Shop counter displays $4000
* Relocate to a commercial space to enable the production of the wraps on a global scale $4,000
The impact of a reusable Beeswax wrap.
- using a beeswax wrap instead of plastic wrap will have a huge impact on our earth. It is estimated Australians send 1 million tonnes of plastic waste to landfill each year. Do your part to make a change.
- Why use something for a few seconds that is going to spend the rest of your life trying to break down in landfill? We really need to change our habits.
- Plastic waste can take more than 1,000 years to degrade and it is estimated that 10% of the plastic produced worldwide each year ends up in our oceans.
- Schools worldwide are implementing programmes such as Nude your food and Plastic free Tuesdays.
- Educating children on the importance of this is a must for the future.
Visit their crowdfunding page